Take the Patuxent Challenge!
Planning in Progress
by Kristen E. Humphrey, MLA, Local Assistance and Training Planner
Did you know you there’s a way you can participate in two really fun, healthy outdoor activities this fall at the same time? The Patuxent Challenge is a great way to do just that.
What is the Patuxent Challenge?
Created by the Tourism Workgroup of the Patuxent River Commission, an organization dedicated to creating public access to the Patuxent and encouraging river-related economic and recreational activities, the Patuxent Challenge is an initiative designed to get people out-of-doors and discover all the beauty and recreational opportunities the river and its tributaries have to offer.
What do I have to do?
- Participate in a variety of outdoor activities throughout the Patuxent River watershed.
- Document your participation by taking a selfie with each activity’s Patuxent Challenge sign.
- Earn prizes! Prizes of different levels are awarded to participants who complete 5, 10, or 15 activities within the calendar year.
- To receive your prize, email your selfie pics with each activity sign along with your name and mailing address to PatuxentChallenge@gmail.com.
- Share your adventures on social media using the hashtag, #PatuxentChallenge.
To learn more about the specific challenges, visit our Sites and Activities webpage. To whet your appetite for the adventures ahead, you can read about one man’s account of taking on the Challenge in 2019 in his blog post entitled The Patuxent Challenge – Challenge Acceptedon the Find Your Chesapeake Blog.