From Our Partners
The Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) has announced its FY23 application round for six State Revitalization Programs is now open. Applications are due by Wednesday, July 13, 2022, at 3 p.m.
These programs offer funding to support local housing, community and economic development, and other revitalization projects. They are part of the department’s commitment to helping the state’s local governments and nonprofit agencies achieve their community revitalization and economic development goals.
Specifically, Governor Hogan’s FY23 budget includes the following for state revitalization programs:
- Community Legacy: $8 Million Capital
- Strategic Demolition Fund – Statewide: $9 Million Capital
- Strategic Demolition Fund – Project C.O.R.E. (Creating Opportunities for Renewal and Enterprise): $21 Million Capital
- Baltimore Regional Neighborhood Initiative (BRNI): $12 Million Capital
- National Capital Strategic Economic Development Fund: $7 Million Capital
- Seed Community Development Anchor Institution Fund: $10 Million Capital
Note: To apply to one of the above programs, please visit the project application portal here. For first time applicants, please contact a DHCD regional project manager for more information and to determine your eligibility. For more information, please visit DCHD’s State Revitalization Program webpage.