November 17 Webinar: How to Fund and Incentivize Brownfield Projects
Planning in Progress
by Kristen E. Humphrey, MLA, Local Assistance and Training Planner with Sylvia Mosser, AICP, Resource Conservation Planner
In the April edition of Planning Practice Monthly, the Maryland Department of Planning (Planning) announced the launch of a new website for the Brownfield Redevelopment and Assistance program; developed by Planning in conjunction with the Maryland Department of the Environment (MDE). This occasion also marked the availability of training, along with an array of other services, to local jurisdictions interested in redeveloping brownfields.
“Following a brief presentation we gave to MWCOG in June, and a positive response to the Brownfields Bootcamp offered last fall, we heard from folks who indicated they were interested in learning about brownfield redevelopment more specific to their respective regions,” says Sylvia Mosser, Resource Conservation Planner. In response, Planning created a new webinar to be conducted next month and has collaborated with the Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments (MWCOG) on its launch.
The webinar, which will be held on November 17 from 1:00-3:00 pm EST, will feature speakers including representatives from Planning, MDE, EPA Region III, the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality, and the District of Columbia Department of Energy & Environment:
- Tish Corbett, Project Officer and Maryland State Liaison, Brownfields and Land Revitalization Branch, US EPA Region III
- Mike Taurino, TBA Coordinator and D.C. Liaison, Brownfields and Land Revitalization Branch, US EPA Region III
- Stephanie Branche, Virginia State Liaison, Brownfields and Land Revitalization Branch, US EPA Region III
- Brian Dietz, Chief, State Assessment and Remediation Division, Land Restoration Program, Maryland Department of the Environment
- Barbara Brown, Voluntary Cleanup Program Section Head, Land and Materials Administration, Maryland Department of the Environment
- J. Meade R. Anderson, CPG, Brownfields & Voluntary Remediation Program Manager, Virginia Department of Environmental Quality
- Brian Barone, Chief, Land Remediation and Development Branch, Toxic Substances Division, Department of Energy and Environment, Government of the District of Columbia
Although the webinar was created with members of MWCOG’s Planning Directors’ Technical Advisory and Built Environment and Energy Advisory committees in mind, the webinar is open to anyone who is interested, regardless of whether they are located within the MWCOG region or not. Please join us to learn how to fund and incentivize Brownfield projects in your communities!
Register to attend and to receive more information about this important event below:
To learn about brownfield redevelopment, please visit Planning’s Brownfield Redevelopment Assistance Program webpage. For information about the webinar, contact Sylvia Mosser, Resource Conservation Planner, Maryland Department of Planning at email@example.com, or Greg Goodwin, Senior Regional Planner, Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
One thought on “Registration Now Open for Workshop: Brownfield Development & Your Community!”
Pingback: What’s New and Noteworthy in Brownfield Redevelopment? | Maryland Planning Blog