Planning in Progress
by Joseph Griffiths, Local Assistance and Training Manager
Beginning January 20, 2022, the Mid-Atlantic Planning Collaboration (Collaboration) launched a series of webinars dedicated to one of the region’s most important resources, the Chesapeake Bay.
Planning and the MPCA invite you to join the webinar series and learn more about how Mid-Atlantic planners (professional and citizen) as well as community leaders are striving to preserve the Chesapeake Bay. All webinars will be eligible for AICP CM credits and will include the following topics.
- Plan Integration for Resilience and Equity – February 17, 2022
- Leveraging Hazard Mitigation for Water Quality – March 17, 2022
- Leveraging Conservation, Open Space and Parks Funding to Maximize Multiple Benefits – April 21, 2022
- The One Water Approach and How it Benefits the Bay Thursday – May 19, 2022
- Smart Growth Tools for Protecting Water – June 16, 2022
The Maryland Department of Planning (Planning), which has partnered with the Collaboration on compatible use and equity planning webinars, introduced this new regional education coordination effort in an October 2020 Planning Practice Monthly article. The Maryland Planning Commissioners Association (MPCA) also recently contributed to a Collaboration webinar on organizing and managing planning boards.
To learn more and register for upcoming webinars, please visit the Mid-Atlantic Planning Collaboration website.